Over the years, many national and international friends or friends of friends have asked me about what to do, where to go or eat in Lisbon for a truly authentic experience. I discovered not only did they appreciate my tours and recommendations; I really enjoyed the experience of guiding people through the city, sharing my abiding love, knowledge and appreciation for a place so rich in culture and history. My city. My Lisbon.
So it only seemed natural to create Lisbon with Pats, an opportunity to give and share with more people, helping them explore their interests in my enchanting city.
Whether it’s sight seeing, walking tours, a guide to historical sites, hidden gems – something Lisbon specializes in, to unique and memorable food & wine experiences, or a desire to attend cultural events, from an insider’s perspective, my service will enable you to experience the best of what Lisbon has to offer, tailored to your interests and preferences.
I’d love to share my city with you!
What do I offer?
My service creates personalized tours in Lisbon according to your interests, preferences and tastes.
Being a long time resident, I will introduce you to some of its many secrets and stories that are not seen, told or available to the casual visitor/tour.
I will provide you with a list of wonderful choices based on your preferences. Once you’ve identified your interests, I will prepare a delectable experience that will make your stay in Lisbon exciting, fun and unforgettable.
What can we do on Lisbon with Pats?
- Sight seeing – Castles, Palaces, Monasteries, Monuments, River Tejo, Viewpoints and more.
- Visit unique historical and cultural sites across this ancient city
- The Hidden Gems of Lisbon – and there are hundreds!
- Food & wine experiences – a palate changing experience
- Cultural events – Exhibitions, Concerts, Workshops
- Shopping – the best places to get special articles
To give you an idea, here are just some of the themes my clients have selected on Lisbon with Pats tours:
- First Visit to Lisbon Tour
- Lisbon in Tiles – A celebration of the unique Azulejos (glazed tiles)
- A Brief History of Lisbon – From the Romans to the Moors to modern day Lisbon
- Exploring the picturesque neighbourhoods of Lisbon
- A Taste of Local culture and all its delights
- Understanding the Age of Discovery and how it changed Portugal and the world
- The Lisbon Earthquake of 1755 – a groundbreaking change
- Dictatorship of Salazar (Estado Novo)
- Modern Lisbon (how the city changed in the 20th Century)
- The Portuguese Carnation Revolution of 1974
- A Taste of Contemporary Lisbon
At some point in our lives, we are all tourists and there’s nothing better, even for the most adventurous, to have an insider to guide you around the city to help you maximize your time and have the most memorable experience.
I’ll guide you through the city while bringing history and stories to help you understand this marvellous destination that once was the capital of a world power.
I never take Lisbon’s beauty and charm for granted. And I never stop learning!
Whether it’s a rare tile collection, a hidden spot in the urban fabric or possibly the smallest shop in the world that for nearly 100 years has been making hand made gloves, it’s easy to miss but amazing to discover.
I love the fact that Lisbon, even to me as a local, is a wonderful place to explore.
A city that is truly full of history, culture, stories and hidden secrets that I am delighted to share with you.
How my service works
1. E-mail me at email@example.com, providing basic details about your visit; when you plan to visit, the duration and location of your stay.
2. I’ll get back to you within 24 hours (hopefully sooner but I’m worth waiting for).
3. Based on your reply, I will begin to curate your tour of Lisbon, providing you with a menu of compelling choices regarding things to see, do and where to eat.
I will develop a detailed plan with “local ingredients” suited to your taste.
Then, we will discuss and fine tune my curated tour tailored according to your interests.
4. The tours start and end wherever and whenever you would like. I will follow your lead, as the tour will be tailored to your interest. And we will proceed at your rhythm and pace.
Prices start from €90 (for a group of up to 4 people).
Options: Half-day & Full-day tours.
Lisbon with Pats Tour service is available in English and Portuguese.
Lisbon with Pats are walking tours and do not include food, museum entrances or other expenses like bus, taxi or transportation. But you should know that transportation costs in Lisbon are very reasonable.
I recommend you book your Lisbon with Pats tour with as much advance notice as possible.
For your tour(s) enquiries, please contact me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Lisbon with Pats?
- Get to know Lisbon with the help of an insider
- Receive a tailored experience of Lisbon curated to your interests and preferences
- Make the most of your time
- Focus on enjoying your visit rather than organizing your trip
- Skip the lines
- Non-affiliated with any other tours or private business in the city
- No to “big group visits” (the visit is just for you)
- Get real, live, authentic information about Lisbon (that probably doesn’t come in the guides or money can’t buy)
- I’ll book events, entrances, tickets and restaurants for you, if you so desire